Industrial Power Distribution System and its Benefits
Industrial units rely on an efficient flow of electricity for production and management operations. The power supplied to different units varies as per the power availability in the system. The new age power distribution systems dismiss the power into different circuits as per the requirement. The system also takes into consideration other factors that protect the system from a fluctuating power supply that can in return result in the breakdown of machinery or any component due to sudden power deficiency. Moreover, for a system with multiple operations, any delay due to the interrupted power supply will hamper the process.
The advanced or comprehensive systems are used to monitor and track the power consumption and electricity leakage in the circuit. Owing to these insights, the machine operators can engage the machinery in a manner that power consumption is optimised. The role of the system is to supply to every node where it is it required. One of the major factors affecting uninterrupted power flow is – strategically placed transformers, capacitors, switchgear, transformers and a host of other electrical equipment.
In addition to this, Smart Panels are used to pinpoint even the minutest overload or power shortage in the system. It helps in decision-making process with an aim to improve the operational efficiency of the entire system. When working in coordination with the Modular Power Distribution system, mitigates the need to predict the future requirements and configurations of your data centre.
On installing the industrial power management system by Schneider Electric India, the business scales exponentially. Other benefits that the advanced systems of the company offers are:
- Manageability – The entire system can be monitored under a single control unit. The operations of the machinery can be controlled remotely.
- Network management capability – It is a fully feature loaded network management interface. It offers smart management control with the help of Web, SNMP, and Telnet.
- Current Monitoring – Monitors aggregate the value of current that is drawn per power distribution unit and the checks if there is any leakage.
- Ease of system expansion – Power Distribution Modules can be scaled easily. It provides an option to expand data centre power distribution capability as power demands increase or cut down the flow where there is no demand.
- Modular design – It is designed to fit in high-tech industrial office spaces. Efficient system monitoring reduces the risks involved and maintenance cost of the machinery because of self-diagnosing and field-replaceable modules.
- System mobility – It is a mobile unit that can be relocated to a distant place. It can accommodate with changing data centre environment.
- Protection – The system protects the machinery from fluctuating power supply. Sudden power deficiency can result in the breakdown of machinery or any component.
- Safety – The power distribution system prioritises the safety of the machine operator and individual components and electrical switches. The system ensures that all touch points are isolated with a positive locking mechanism. It reduces the chances of accidental disconnection.
- Tool less installation of breakers – Schneider Electric India’s machinery can be installed without tools or any other equipment and integrated with the existing systems.
The post Industrial Power Distribution System and its Benefits appeared first on Schneider Electric Blog.